IE 10 broke our sub-menus and latest version won't drawMenus

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
dbaron
Advanced
Advanced

IE 10 broke our sub-menus and latest version won't drawMenus

Post by dbaron »

Hi All,

For years we have been running at version 5.719 on our enterprise app. All was well on all browsers. Suddenly IE 10, for *some* people, has terrible results with sub menus. No kidding: the further to the 'right' in the main menu you go, the 'narrower' the dropdown sub-menu gets when displayed. In other words, the left-most main menu displays its sub-menu just fine, but as you move to the right each dropped sub menu gets narrower and narrower. Very strange indeed.

In any case, I downloaded the latest release version and swapped in the files and such. When our pages come up, the main menu bar is shown perfectly, but, no sub menus are 'built'. Our code is all there, but, it appears that the drawMenus() function breaks. When I run it in the Firefox/Firebug console, I get: TypeError: I is undefined
with the following snipped of obfuscated code: ...=1;_caA(M.Ti);d$(M.Ti)}if(M.Tm!=t)_caA(i);M.Tm=t;M.Ti=i;if(M.Tm>=0)_m[M.Tm][7]=1...

Again, all of our 'menu data' is the same as it ever was - no changes to code or styles or anything. But, because drawMenus() cannot run, we have no sub-menus.

Oh - one other thing: Again, using the Firebug console, if I type _m I *do* get all the menu data listed out. I cannot of course tell if it is all 'perfect', but it sure looks complete.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

-David
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: IE 10 broke our sub-menus and latest version won't drawM

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Just wanted you to know I am posting this to Milonic. If you have a web page that is having the same results and can get me the url I can do some testing, but if it is just the app, then that will have to be Milonic. They are pretty fast in response so you should hear something pretty quick.

Ruth
dbaron
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dbaron »

Thanks Ruth,

Unfortunately our site is a corporate type and resides behind firewalls and such. There is no way I can expose our DEV environment.

I'm hoping this is a very simple 'fix', but since the code is obfuscated, there is no 'easy' way for me to debug it and find out.

Thanks anyway,

-David
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Well, Milonic will have to check this, as I said, but I did notice that you are using a menu that is 9 years old and there have been so many changes in browsers and how they function that over the years modifications in the Menu itself have been done to keep up with various requirements, it might be better to upgrade to the newer version. I don't know if Milonic would even been able to fix whatever the issue is in that older version. I'm just a volunteer because I like the menu and can usually help when what most people want is to get it a particular design. Anyway, Milonic is very good at responding, so you should hear fairly quickly.

Ruth