New version of the menu ignores my CSS Styling. [Update]

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
vikenk
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

New version of the menu ignores my CSS Styling. [Update]

Post by vikenk »

Hello Everyone,

I originally posted this in my previous thread but decided that it was better off in its own thread.

I downloaded the latest version of the menu to fix the problem with the drop down menu in IE 11, however the new version of the menu totally changed the styling of the menu in the website. It's been years since I edited the menu or made any real structural changes to the website. I had to go back an figure out how I have done everything.

I styled much of the menu appearance using CSS in the website's main style sheet. It seems that the new version of the menu ignores my CSS styling. It seems that the ".menu" and ".submenu" styles don't work anymore. I used "onclass" and "offclass" commands in the menu_data.js file to link to the CSS in the stylesheet.

I tried to rename the classes but it didn't solve the problem.

Any tips on how to restore my styling?

The code from my style sheet is below.

From "menu_data.js":
with(menuStyle=new mm_style()){
offclass="menu";
onclass="menu";
(and similar command for the submenus)

From my Websites stylesheet"
/****** Below CSS STYLES THE MILONIC MENU *****/

table#menutable { /* Controls the width of the table that houses the menu */
text-align: center;
width: 99%;
/* margin: 0 auto 10px auto; */
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

.menu table { /* Controls the width of menu its self. */
width: 100%;
text-align: center;
margin: 0 auto; /* Added margin on 08/28/06 to center menu in Firefox browsers */
}

.menu table td {
padding: 3px 5px;
vertical-align: top;
}

.menu table td a {
text-decoration: none;
}

.submenu table td {
padding: 3px 5px;
}

.submenu table td a {
text-decoration: none;
}

.menu img {
border: none;
}

.submenu img {
border: none;
}
vikenk
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Re: New version of the menu ignores my CSS Styling. [Update]

Post by vikenk »

Hello,

Well, I did a bunch of troubleshooting and came to the conclusion that the menu does NOT ignore my CSS styling but it does treat tables differently than before. I'm not sure what the difference is, but I know that other CSS values work well (text aligning, underlining, etc) but any mention of tables or TD's is ignored. I can't do any styling to borders, padding, margins or anything related to a table.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the old and new menu. I know that when I restore the old version of the menu files all my styling comes back as I originally intended it to look, but the drop down's don't work in IE11. When I put the new version of the menu files, all my styling disappears but the drop down's work in IE11.

Not sure how to proceed from here.

You can go tohttp://www.sayatnova.com to see how the menu should look. Use Firefox since the drop downs don't work in IE...