Prevent links from opening in new window

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
hvs123
Beginner
Beginner

Prevent links from opening in new window

Post by hvs123 »

I know how to cause a link to open in a new window, but I would like to ask if there is a way to PREVENT a link from opening in a new window. Our application requires that clicking on a link in the menu open the page in the SAME window, but the links all seem to open in a new window.

Any thoughts on how to do that?

Thanks,
Howard Sheppard
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Prevent links from opening in new window

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

We would need a little more information. I am trying to figure out how links are opening in a new window unless you have coded them to open in that way, or unless you have the page somehow coded to open all links in a new window or have the browser set to open all links in a new window, or whatever else might be used to force that. Is there a link somewhere that I could see your page?

Ruth
hvs123
Beginner
Beginner

Post by hvs123 »

Actually, I figured out my previous question. What I'm really having trouble with is that the Back button does not work after I go to any of the items in the menu. It displays the previous page for a split second, but then it immediately jumps to the page you were trying to go back from. This is happening in both IE 11 and Google Chrome.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I have posted this to Milonic for an answer. They will need some more information, i.e. version etc. If you don't hear pretty soon, they are very good at quick responses, post back here.

Ruth