nice menu, but can i turn off the background color and...

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jvaska
Advanced
Advanced

nice menu, but can i turn off the background color and...

Post by jvaska »

this is very nice...but...

i'd like to turn off the background color on the menus...HOWEVER...i still want the background colors on the drop-down menus when then are activated...

from my little research, the too are connected...i've tried pinpointing the spot in the .js file that control the background colors and it also seems that they are using the same variable (meaning, i can't delete just one, it's deletes both)...

is there a way to do this? am i just missing something?

(it would also be nice to be able to separate the hover over the menu from the hover over the drop-menu items - would make it much easier to implement into any website)

thanks much...jv
zotsf
Advanced
Advanced

Post by zotsf »

You can set the style for each and every menu. If you'd like to have the drop down menus look different than the top level menu, just create a different style.
jvaska
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jvaska »

hey, sorry about that...you already thought of that too...now, if i can just figure out how (or if) to adjust the offset dismensions of the drop-down menus from the main menus...

thanks again...jv
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

When you declare each menu you can specify top and left offsets from its parent menu (if it has one)

top="offset=-5"
left="offset=15"

Best of luck!
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."