Milonic menu and 'Contribute' incompatability

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
zandoaxr
Beginner
Beginner

Milonic menu and 'Contribute' incompatability

Post by zandoaxr »

Is Milonic looking into the incompatability issue when one tries to edit a Milonic menued web page using Macromedia's 'Contribute' software? Currently, Contribute interprets a Milonic menu as an uneditable Frames page. Is there any fix for this?
pintronic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pintronic »

Hello,
I have the same problem. When I include the Milonic into head- or body-tag section and try to edit the page with Macromedia Contribute, I get the message to choose one of three frames. but i can't click it and there is a icon which shows that they are locked. Might be the 3 .js-files which are needed for the menu.
Does anyone know more about this problem, and have a solution or workaround?

Thanks in advance
-dp-
pintronic
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pintronic »

Hi,
it's me again.
Macromedia says, that there is a known issue with iFrame:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/contr ... iframe.htm
Maybe this is the reason for the problem, i'm not sure.

-dp-
shadowcatcher
Beginner
Beginner

Post by shadowcatcher »

Thanks for the link. Bacically replacing the "IFRAME" code with "SPAN" in the "mmenudom.js' file did the trick and file can now the edited and published in Contribute.
Thanks again...made my client think I actually know what I'm doing!
larryf
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

If you add the following to the top of your data, this will too fix the problem:

Code: Select all

_CFix=true;
Please note that we actually DO NOT recommend you change the code inside the menu files. Whoever it was at Macromedia that stated you can, has no right to do so. We would never suggest that people should reverse engineer any of their code even though the bug is in fact within the Macromedia contribute application.

We have introduced the above workaround for this very problem and it works very well. Also means you can upgrade to the latest version without having to modify the menu code files every time you do this.

Hope this helps
Andy.