Menu Height

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
leatherlips
Advanced
Advanced

Menu Height

Post by leatherlips »

How can I know the menus height in pixels? I want to place it over a graphic so it blends with it, but am not sure what size to make the graphic without a lot of trial and error. Thanks.
Thommy
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Menu Height

Post by Thommy »

leatherlips wrote:How can I know the menus height in pixels? I want to place it over a graphic so it blends with it, but am not sure what size to make the graphic without a lot of trial and error. Thanks.
Just put the graphic as background into the cell of an table and blend the menu over that ;)
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

The height of the menu depends on a couple things. First, the text (or images) inside of it. If its big text, its a big menu, so take that into consideration. Secondly, any padding or margins you have set in it will affect it too. One thing that you may want to try is itemheight. This option will allow you to set the heights of each item individually. Now i haven't tested this, but I think if you have zero padding and zero margins and you have the itemwidths set, the total height of the menu should be your menuitems heights added up. Give it a try and let us know! There is no overallheight option at the moment, but we are always improving. Maybe someday...
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
hass
Beginner
Beginner

how do i control the table widths?

Post by hass »

Hergio wrote:The height of the menu depends on a couple things. First, the text (or images) inside of it. If its big text, its a big menu, so take that into consideration. Secondly, any padding or margins you have set in it will affect it too. One thing that you may want to try is itemheight. This option will allow you to set the heights of each item individually. Now i haven't tested this, but I think if you have zero padding and zero margins and you have the itemwidths set, the total height of the menu should be your menuitems heights added up. Give it a try and let us know! There is no overallheight option at the moment, but we are always improving. Maybe someday...
But where do you specify "itemheight" or "itemwidth"? Is it possible to control the exact table width of the main menu heading so that I can control how it looks on the page?

Cheers,
Hass
John
 Team
 Team

Re: how do i control the table widths?

Post by John »

hass wrote:But where do you specify "itemheight" or "itemwidth"?
These are both Menu Properties, and, as such, are defined in your aI statements. More information is available in the document by that name on the main site.
Last edited by John on Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
hass
Beginner
Beginner

Re: how do i control the table widths?

Post by hass »

jgillett wrote:[quote="hass]But where do you specify "itemheight" or "itemwidth"?
These are both Menu Properties, and, as such, are defined in your aI statements. More information is available in the document by that name on the main site.[/quote]

Hi bro, I cannot find the document on the site- anywhere! Any chance that you can point me to it?

Thanks
Hass
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

DHTML Menu/Menu Properties Quick Reference.
John