Separator Bar and Build 31

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
mjjackso
Advanced
Advanced

Separator Bar and Build 31

Post by mjjackso »

Below are two snapshots of my menu. The top menu is using build 22 and the bottom uses build 31. Notice the horizontal separators between items in the vertical menu. They look as I expect in the top menu (build 22), but in the lower menu there appears to be too many pixels worth of separation.

Is this a bug in build 31, or is it something that I should be able to fix?

Note: I didn't change anything in the menu_data.js file when going to build 31. I simply replaced the other 3 *.js files.

Here's my style array, in case you're interested:

Code: Select all

with(menuStyle2=new mm_style()){
onbgcolor="#808000";
oncolor="#FFFFFF";
offbgcolor="#966A3F";
offcolor="#FFFFFF";
bordercolor="#000000";
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth=1;
separatorsize="2";
high3dcolor ="#C8A37D";
low3dcolor ="#000000";
padding=4;
fontsize=12;
fontstyle="normal";
fontweight="normal";
fontfamily="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif";
overfilter="Fade(duration=0.2);Alpha(opacity=95);Shadow(color='#777777', Direction=0, Strength=0)";
outfilter="randomdissolve(duration=0.3)";
}
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I don't think you should be using # with the color. However, I believe that what is affecting the separator is the hi and low color you have listed. Also, you don't have a separatorcolor listed. Not sure if any of that will cause the effect you have. I know that in my ie5 if I use high/low no matter what size I make the separator nor what color it won't show up.

Ruth
mjjackso
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mjjackso »

The # with the color does make a difference. But, it does not correct the problem.

The effect I'm going for, as seen in the top picture in my initial query, is one in which each submenu cell has a 3D effect. This, in previous versions (build 22 and even menu v3), could only be achieved by setting a high and low 3D color with a separator bar. When you remove the separator bar, the 3D effects apply only to the entire submenu, not each individual cell.

Thus, I am lead to believe that this is a bug with build 31, as my menu "mysteriously" changed upon switching to the newest build.

I've tried many different style options to imitate what I got in build 22, but to no avail.

Matt
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Matt,

As far as I know, using # in the colors shouldn't matter; you'll notice for example that the downloadable samples typically use # in the color definitions (version 3's style arrays, on the other hand, did not use the # in the color assignments).

I believe your conclusion that it's a bug is correct, especially since it appeared when you updated, even though you hadn't changed your menu code. I also get the same behavior with a 3d menu I've been working on. It looks like there are two extra pixels of space between the bottom of one item and the top of the next. If you have defined a separatorcolor, the extra space takes on the same color as the separator. If you haven't defined a separatorcolor, the extra space takes on the offbgcolor. I only see this behavior in vertical menus, and only in IE6 (in Win2k... don't know about earlier versions of IE). This is similar to a bug reported in this post, where the extra two pixels worth of space appeared only in horizontal menus, and only in NS7. I wonder if the fix for that bug introduced this one?

I don't know of a workaround, but I'm sure it'll be sorted out in a future update.

Kevin