v5 vs Crystal Reports - urgent

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
abcjous
Beginner
Beginner

v5 vs Crystal Reports - urgent

Post by abcjous »

Hello,

I am using Milonic Menu v5 in the application which has only Reports to be created. I am using ASP .net and Crystal Reports. On each of the Web page, i have placed the Milonic Menu. On the Home page it works excellent!. This is because, no presence of Crystal Report is there on this Home page. But when i go to another web page from the link specified in Milonic Menu, the Menu is not just fine. The width of the Main Menu item(eg. Reports - under this there are lot of sub menu items) shrinks down and everything gets jumbled up.

In this Web page, i am using Crystal Report. On Page load event, Viewer1.DataBind() syntax is placed in order to bind the data. If, i comment this line, the MENU is just FINE as needed. But, if i uncomment this line, then the Menu gets disturbed. I am in a very hurry to develop this application and was researching on this issue.

Please help. I might be doing something wrong out here.

Thanks,
-jos
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

Can you post a url?

maz
abcjous
Beginner
Beginner

Post by abcjous »

Thanks!

I am not sure which url do i need to give. The url that i am working on may not be accessible by you. Can you let me know.

-Jos
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Post a URL to the home (good) page, and also to a failing page.
John
abcjous
Beginner
Beginner

Post by abcjous »

Thank you.

Here is the url to good page
http://mph-shareportal/TestReport/Corre ... splay.aspx

Dropdown "View Reports" option and select first option(Wrong Menu Display). This will take you to the failing page. You may want to observe the difference.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
-Jos
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

That is an improper URL. Care to try again? :?
John
abcjous
Beginner
Beginner

Post by abcjous »

John,

Thank you for the reply.

Using the same url i am accessing the website. It's working for me. Well, that is in my machine.

But, i donno, how can you access it from your machine ? Do i need to set something up on my machine, so that you will have access to it ?

Can you guide me...

Thanks,
Jos
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

You've given us the address if we were connected to your company network.

You need to give us a web address, which means you need to put your files on an external web server.
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Andy is exactly right. We can't get into your machine from the outside.
John
abcjous
Beginner
Beginner

Post by abcjous »

Andy/John,

Thanks to both of your replies.

I will try to figure out how i can do that. Will post a reply after this is done.

Actually, i am going on leave for 4 days. So, may be after that, i will let you guys know about the status.

Thanks so much though!.
-Jos
duane.milne
Beginner
Beginner

A solution stumbled upon on the net

Post by duane.milne »

I had a similar problem, and spent a couple of days trying to determine where the error was coming in.

It happens because Crystal Reports will have absolute positions unless you explicitly set some properties for the CrystalReportViewer to disable that.

http://www.google.com/search?q=crystal% ... 20position

... lead to:

http://forums.aspfree.com/archive/t-22458

... and at the end of that page, Sue recommends setting DisplayGroupTree="False" ClientTarget="Downlevel" for the Report Viewer.

This can be done purely in the ASPX page - you'll probably need to also remove absolute from the report viewer style attribute (or remove the style attribute altogether).