"drop up" menu with half-transparent menuitems pos

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
molekuel
Beginner
Beginner

"drop up" menu with half-transparent menuitems pos

Post by molekuel »

I just downloaded the demo version of the menu and some questions came up. would be nice if someone had an answer ;)

1. is it possible - without changing the whole sourcecode - to make something like a "drop-up" menu? so all the menuitems actually appear on the top of the main menu and not below?

2. is it possible to display half-transparent *png pictures as menuitems so the pictures beneath the "dropped" menuitems are still visible?

3. Is this menu "save" on all plattforms and browsers (i.e. safari, firefox, etc)?

thanks very much,
but i really want to be sure all this works before I buy a license...
manuel
marty
Site Admin

Post by marty »

Hi there,

Happy to help....

1. Yes, to have the menus appear to "drop-up" you would need to use the openstyle property in your menu_data file, all you would add is openstyle="up";

2. Yes, you just make sure you have removed all background colour settings.

3. We believe it is, Milonic works well with all browsers on Windows, Mac and Linux. The only browser we know of that isn't compatible in Lynx.

-Marty
molekuel
Beginner
Beginner

Post by molekuel »

thanks for the fast reply, seems to work perfectly... (really cool menu!!) but i still have another question:

after i click a menuitem on the submenu, i jump to another site. now i want that the according submenu ist still visible, until the user generates antother onMouseOver event on another main-menu button and the new submenu is displayed.

is it possible to call the according function to display the submenu on a pageLoad() event?

thanks again,
manuel