Free use of the menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Free use of the menu

Post by Andy »

Hi all,

Just letting you know that we've moved the goal posts again with regard to the free licenses ;)

Basically, you now need to include the following on all pages that use the menu in order to use the latest version (5.711) so that the annoying popup-box does not appear.

Code: Select all

<a href="http://websites.milonic.com/milonic.com/>JavaScript Menu Courtesy of Milonic.com</a>
Unfortunately, to remain viable and in business we need to keep up with competition and allowing users to use the menu for free without link backs mean we are giving too much away. The link back to milonic.com isn't too much to ask for the menu, it is after all one of the best web site navigation systems available and in order to keep up with our fellow menu developers we ask that you link back to us. The Pro licenses are OK and nothing has changed.

Thanks for your time
Andy
John
 Team
 Team

Re: Free use of the menu

Post by John »

Andy wrote:The link back to milonic.com isn't too much to ask for the menu, it is after all one of the best web site navigation systems available...
Sorry, boss. Need to take issue with that...

It is THE best DHTML menu around - period!
John
kendra
Advanced
Advanced

awesome

Post by kendra »

I think its totally better then fair.. and all the links really helps you keep you indexed well with the search engines what an awseome policy.

I have to say, ""Great Work Team Milonic!"" , this is a very exceptional menu system, with a fantastic team, its very rare you see a place offer a great product, and back it world class cupport, and ask nothing in return except a link, that helps others get the same great product..

Thanks Milonic!

Best Regards;
Kendra A
WebMail Abuse Support Team
https://insarnia.ca/
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Thank you very much for the kind words, Kendra. They are most appreciated!
John
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

And I tell you what the best thing is, we've put pressure on our competition by doing this.

Not only are they copying our code concepts :evil: - they are also copying our business concepts too, seems we've created a new policy of free menus for non-profits in return for a link as a standard idea by almost all menu developers these days.

Unfortunately, this now means that we are under pressure, oh well, at least we've done good things for the Charities, Health Foundations, Schools, Religious groups, etc, etc, etc all around the World. I'm happy about that :D

BIG BIG Thanks goes out to Ruth, John and Kevin for all their hard work.

Cheers,
Andy
mcooledge
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mcooledge »

I may be a little lost with this statement "Basically, you now need to include the following on all pages that use the menu in order to use the latest version (5.711) so that the annoying popup-box does not appear.
" . If i am using a Frame webpage does the information need to be in the side.html or on the body pages? I asked something simular about the Milonic in my menus. reference "Can not get Milonic to go away in Licensed menu"
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

You will need to include a link on all pages where the menu is located, this will include FRAME pages.
kbrowder
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Free use of the menu

Post by kbrowder »

Andy wrote:Hi all,

Basically, you now need to include the following on all pages that use the menu in order to use the latest version (5.711) so that the annoying popup-box does not appear.

Unfortunately, to remain viable and in business we need to keep up with competition and allowing users to use the menu for free without link backs mean we are giving too much away. The link back to milonic.com isn't too much to ask for the menu, it is after all one of the best web site navigation systems available and in order to keep up with our fellow menu developers we ask that you link back to us.

Thanks for your time
Andy
Greetings Andy,

I just wanted to say thank you for allowing us to use your menu system. It IS the best around, and although I'm having a little problem with it, it is STILL the best. You can't be blamed for my stupidity! :oops:

I'm using the Corporate menu now at http://7times.org and it looks great!

Thank you so much,

Ken
Ken
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Many thanks for the kind words, Ken. Always appreciated.
John
Migru
Milonic Guru
Milonic Guru

Suggestion on free license / request

Post by Migru »

Hi,

as far as I am informed, a professional license is valid one year with regard to support and updating permit.
I am making use of a free license, because I am using this on an honorary basis for an organization, which has (in Germany) the status of working for the "common good" and is not at all profit making.
Nevertheless, impressed by the menu´s quality and support available, I am in a position to purchase a license but do not want, of course, to loose the capability of updating permit after one year only. How can this contradiction be settled? Isn´t there the possibility of purchasing a license, but operating it, as if it was a "free" license ?
I would appreciate, if a reply is sent to my email address.

Michael
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hello Michael,

For this type of question, I suggest you contact Milonic directly using the contact form form the main site.

http://milonic.com/contact.php

Ruth
Migru
Milonic Guru
Milonic Guru

Milonic, menu

Post by Migru »

Hi Ruth,

thanks for your reply, I contacted Milonic already and received their reply !

Michael
WBHoenig
Beginner
Beginner

Post by WBHoenig »

Will it screw up if I put quotes around the URL (making it XHTML compatible) like so:

Code: Select all

<a href="https://milonic.com/">JavaScript Menu Courtesy of Milonic.com</a>
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,
Will it screw up if I put quotes around the URL
Not at all, it should still work with or without the quotes.

Cheers,
Andy
pbrown5931@cox.net
Beginner
Beginner

Is exact link needed, and can it open in a new window?

Post by pbrown5931@cox.net »

Andy,

The Support page about removing the forced link says to use this, as of version 5-754:
<a href=http://milonic.com/>DHTML JavaScript Menu Courtesy of Milonic.com</a>
I've never used href without quotes around the URL. Without the quotes how do you set it to open in a new window? I just copied the link, I didn't notice there weren't any quotes until I saw it mentioned in this forum.

It is ok to open in a new window, right?

Paulette
Newbie :roll:
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I know I'm not Andy :) but, yes as far as I know you can open it in a new window. The important part is that you have a visible not hidden link back to Milonic on every page that uses the menu.

Ruth
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Yup, Ruth is correct.

Hidding links (of any kind) will affect your Search Engine page rank so we strongly advise against it.

Doesn't stop countless foolish people from doing it though :D

Cheers,
Andy
pedboy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pedboy »

Hi Guys

I am not sure what sort of licence i need for my website....

It is a personal website that is there not for profit but more as interest to others, i do accept donations either of content or for money - but suplus after running costs is dontate to a needy cause.

Currently i am adding the tag to each page, i was happy to add a credit to a credits page but would like to do away with the link on everypage bit.

Anyways what licence do i need, i am not for proft - probably for nett loss. But do i qualify under that rule?

Anyway the website is

http://www.locodocs.co.uk - Still very very much under construction.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

You'll need to contact Milonic directly about qualifying or not. We're just volunteers and don't work for Milonic.

But, I will tell you that you have to have the link on each page if you qualify for a free license. That is what keeps Milonic able to continue to allow free licenses, the advertisement of the product out there.

Ruth
pedboy
Beginner
Beginner

Post by pedboy »

Ruth wrote:Hi,

You'll need to contact Milonic directly about qualifying or not. We're just volunteers and don't work for Milonic.
Ahh fairy snuff.
But, I will tell you that you have to have the link on each page if you qualify for a free license. That is what keeps Milonic able to continue to allow free licenses, the advertisement of the product out there.

Ruth
Thats what i figured..

I'll ask and see what develops.

Thanks