Submenu opening to the left

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
warren
Beginner
Beginner

Submenu opening to the left

Post by warren »

Hi
I have the main menu in a table and set to relative. The menu is displayed on the right of the browser and I want the submenu to open to the left of the main menu. Is this possible.
Thanks for your time
Warren
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

You can try the openstyle="rtl"; and see if that does it. Check below my name for links to different properties. I think that one is in the menu properties list. There should be a little description of it.

The other option, if the menu is set at a fixed width, you can use left="offset=-x"; where -x would be the width of the main menu plus the width of the submenu.

So, if your menu is set to 100px wide [if this is vertical, I believe you'd set the itemwidth] and your submenu is 150px, it would be left="offset=250px"; The reason is that the submenu positions based on top left of the sub next to the right side of the vertical main menu, so shifting it 100px puts it right over the menu, then another 150px [the width of the submenu]shifts it off the main menu.

Ruth
warren
Beginner
Beginner

Post by warren »

Thanks
openstyle="rtl" did the trick.
Appreciate your time
Warren
smurfke666
Beginner
Beginner