chisel divider-- how to

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
dkaleky
Advanced
Advanced

chisel divider-- how to

Post by dkaleky »

i upgraded to latest

here is a sample

http://atlanticcity.com/template1.htm

here is original

http://atlanticcity.com/

I cant seem to get the chisel look divider
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Boy, these two programs are so different but I finally figured out how to get that.

Make this your hlp style

Code: Select all

with(hlp=new mm_style()){
offcolor="#FFFFFF";
offbgcolor="#861400";
oncolor="#000000";
onbgcolor="#EEC777";
bordercolor="#000000";
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth=1;
fontsize=12;
fontstyle="normal";
fontweight="normal";
fontfamily="arial,helvetica";
padding=5;
subimage="arrow.gif";
high3dcolor="#AD1900";
low3dcolor="#4A0B00";
swap3d=1;
separatorsize=0;
offborder="2px outset #bb1c00";
onborder="3px inset #e8b917";
Note that I made the separatorsize=0, and added an offborder and onborder. The offborder is what gives you that chisel look and you don't need the onborder, I just put it in so you could see what happens when you mouseover with that code. It makes it look like a 'button' has been depressed.

I also notice that in the old menu you had effects set and you don't in this one. These effects only work with internet explorer but if you'd like to set overfilter and outfilter effects there is a demo so you can see how each works and acts on a menu.

http://support.milonic.com/demos/filters/index.htm

If you like an effect and want it, just copy the code from the box and paste it in the hlp style section. Usually it's the last item. There are both over transitions, these happen with menus open on mouseover and out transitions that happen when the menus close.

Hope this helps.

Ruth
dkaleky
Advanced
Advanced

submenu offset

Post by dkaleky »

nice-- thanks

one more question-

my submenu offset

rollover hotels>hotels

how do i move that submenu?
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

If you look at the top of the menu_data file you'll see subOffsetTop and subOffsetLeft, those control the offsets of submenus that open from a vertical menu/submenu.

Change your settings there to something like

Code: Select all

_subOffsetTop=2;
_subOffsetLeft=5;
You'll have to play until you get what you want.

Also, if you play around with the border sizes in all the border codes, borderwidth and in the onborder and offborder you can get some startling effects. You can also add a menubgcolor and margin=2 and it will make it look as if it had another border around it, besides the border and the item borders. Border goes with the whole menu, offborder and onborder go around items, like a css border would do. Margin only applies to the whole menu, not to items, they get padding. Margin places space between the item borders and the menu border.

Good luck. You will be happy with this. V3 was a great menu, way ahead of its time and really designable, that's the first one I used and it got me to really like Milonic. But, V5 is so much more beyond that and once you get up to speed on it so much easier to design and code than 3.

There are some links below my name to the style, menu and item properties so you can see all the various properties available.

Ruth