mm_passItemRef() function

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
gerarcyr
Advanced
Advanced

mm_passItemRef() function

Post by gerarcyr »

Hi.

just a quick question : is it possible to insert link in this function ?
(I refer to this demo http://support.milonic.com/demos/pass_i ... /index.htm)

What i would like is :

Home > Item1 > Item1.1
(with a link on "Home" and "Item1"... but not on the last one)

Thank you for your kind assistance

Cyril.
gerarcyr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gerarcyr »

Up !

Somebody have an idea ?

Thk you,
Cyril
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Sorry, I have no idea. Most of these functions - the ones at the top - were created by users, or if a volunteer here had the time one of them, however there is no support for them because they were not created by Milonic and Milonic doesn't have the time to try and modify any of them.

I don't do js so I can't help at all.

Ruth
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Cyril,

I think it's do-able, but you'd have to modify much of the way that sample works. For example, in the sample, the selected menu item number is passed from page to page using the openUrl() function. Since that's called from the menu item's url= property, you'd have to make your static links (in the "test1 ~ test1.1" bit) also call that function and also pass the appropriate item number. The problem is that if each thing in the selection sequence is a link, each would have to specify a different menu item number, not just the most recent one (I hope that makes sense). The way it's set up now, it only deals with the most recently selected item.

You'd basically have to re-do the code that determines what menu item was selected to arrive at that page. E.g., rather than passing the selected item number from page to page, you could compare the current page's location.href string to the url settings of each menu item until you found the one that matched, then work back through the parent items, building your selectionSequence string with links, until you hit the main menu.

How are you with javascript?

Kevin
gerarcyr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gerarcyr »

Hi Cyril,

I think it's do-able, but you'd have to modify much of the way that sample works. For example, in the sample, the selected menu item number is passed from page to page using the openUrl() function. Since that's called from the menu item's url= property, you'd have to make your static links (in the "test1 ~ test1.1" bit) also call that function and also pass the appropriate item number. The problem is that if each thing in the selection sequence is a link, each would have to specify a different menu item number, not just the most recent one (I hope that makes sense). The way it's set up now, it only deals with the most recently selected item.

You'd basically have to re-do the code that determines what menu item was selected to arrive at that page. E.g., rather than passing the selected item number from page to page, you could compare the current page's location.href string to the url settings of each menu item until you found the one that matched, then work back through the parent items, building your selectionSequence string with links, until you hit the main menu.

How are you with javascript?

Kevin
Not as good as i would like.
I give up...

Thank you anyway for your help ;-)