Menu doesn't show up in Firefox

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
estebanms
Beginner
Beginner

Menu doesn't show up in Firefox

Post by estebanms »

Sorry if this is a repost, I tried searching this discussion board for a solution. I am migrating an existing menu to the list based menu system. I have it working for the most part in IE, but the menu doesn't show up in Firefox. The menu is available for review at http://www.impressinprint.com/menutest.aspx.

Thanks
Esteban
vikenk
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by vikenk »

Hi,

Did you resolve the problem? I can see the menu in IE and in FF 2.0 with no issues.
estebanms
Beginner
Beginner

Post by estebanms »

Thanks for the reply.

It appears that this must be a problem with earlier versions of FF. I am viewing it through 1.5.0.8, and I cannot see the menu (nor does it display the list items as I would expect if JS was turned off). I can view the DHTML menu without problem in the same browser.

Anyone experience problems with the menu system on Firefly versions earlier than 2.0?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Sorry, I no longer have the older browser versions loaded.

HOWEVER, you are way down-level with your code. You're running v5.48, current is v5.766. Assistance here requires the latest version of the code be in use - not to mention it's wise to keep up because of all the changes/updates/new browsers, etc., going on.
John
estebanms
Beginner
Beginner

Resolved

Post by estebanms »

It looks like Firefox 1.5.0.8 did not like the embedded IMG tags within the LI tags. As soon as I moved to a text based menu item, the menu worked correctly in that version of Firefox.

Thanks for the help.