Change border color on one side

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Ralls
Advanced
Advanced

Change border color on one side

Post by Ralls »

Is it possible to change the border color of a menu item on one side only? If so, do you have an example of the language/wording used?

Thanks very much.
Ralls
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ralls »

I found the answer in another post.
Ralls
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ralls »

Ok, the style sheet solution that was posted didn't work for me.

Is there a simple way to change the "bordercolor" value for only one side of a menu item? I would like to change the bottom border color of a menu item.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

The stylesheet should work for everyone. That is the only way to do it. Can you please post your stylesheet coding and your menu_data.js coding so we can see what's up?

Ruth
Ralls
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ralls »

Ruth, first thank you for the prompt reply.

I just deleted that page and I'm having a problem locating the post about stylesheets and border colors. I thus no longer have the code to show you. However, I do remember that you were the author of the reply suggesting the solution I was trying.

It wasn't that your solution was incorrect, the problem was that I didn't realize it wasn't giving me what I wanted. You were talking about borders that changed color with onclass and offclass.

Here is the problem for my vertical menu:

My border and menu separators are a solid color, 1 px in width. On one of the menu items only I would like to change the color of the bottom border. (I don't want borders to turn on and as with a onclass or offclass use. I just want to be able to change the color of the border on the bottom of that one menu item.)

Do you have a css example to do that?

Thank you!
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

The actual css would be border-bottom:1px solid #990033; (obviously using whatever color you need).
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Just set up the special border as you want it, naming the class then call the class in both off and on, i.e. offclass=mybord;onclass=mybord; so that it would be the same in both mouse states. You can call a class either in the style, the menu, or an item. In this case since you want it for one item, just call it in that aI string.

Ruth