start image and end image

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
pros12
Beginner
Beginner

start image and end image

Post by pros12 »

I want to create a menu with curved edges (having a start image and an end image) and I thought using the leftimage and rightimage properties I would achieve this but nothing happens. Is there a way to achieve this? Are these properties supported?

Thanks alot
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Actually, leftimage and rightimage, if used in the style section will put the named image on the left and right in each item.

You can use them to do what you want, but as I experimented I found that if you want that you need to specify the leftimage in the menu items and you need to use leftimage for both just changing the image used. For example:

Code: Select all

with(milonic=new menuname("Main Menu")){
alwaysvisible=1;
left=10;
orientation="horizontal";
style=menuStyle;
top=10;
aI("leftimage=leftside.gif;text=;type=header;");
aI("text=Home;url=http://milonic.com/;");
MORE AI strings here
aI("leftimage=rightside.gif;text=;type=header;");
}
The reason for type=header; is to make those items not react to the mouse if over them.

Make sure you're using 5.777 which is what I tested

Finally, you can of course just use image= to get the same result. That left and right image was really designed to be able to put images on the left and right side of text in an item.

Ruth
pros12
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks alot Ruth.

Post by pros12 »

Thanks alot Ruth. I was puzzled on how I was going to achieve this. I thought the properties were not supported because on the Milonic properties page, they do not have explanations.

Thanks again

Ruth wrote:Hi,

Actually, leftimage and rightimage, if used in the style section will put the named image on the left and right in each item.

You can use them to do what you want, but as I experimented I found that if you want that you need to specify the leftimage in the menu items and you need to use leftimage for both just changing the image used. For example:

Code: Select all

with(milonic=new menuname("Main Menu")){
alwaysvisible=1;
left=10;
orientation="horizontal";
style=menuStyle;
top=10;
aI("leftimage=leftside.gif;text=;type=header;");
aI("text=Home;url=http://milonic.com/;");
MORE AI strings here
aI("leftimage=rightside.gif;text=;type=header;");
}
The reason for type=header; is to make those items not react to the mouse if over them.

Make sure you're using 5.777 which is what I tested

Finally, you can of course just use image= to get the same result. That left and right image was really designed to be able to put images on the left and right side of text in an item.

Ruth