Google XML Stemap from menu_data.js

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
dlpirl
Advanced
Advanced

Google XML Stemap from menu_data.js

Post by dlpirl »

My site has no internal hyperlinks, only Milonic menus. The tools that I use for creating Google XML sitemaps all rely on imbeded HTML hyperlinks. How can I generate a Google XML sitemap directly from menu_data.js? I found Forum Post ID: 7174, but that's a different kind of sitemap -- HTML, not XML -- and it generates a menu, not a file. I'll be surprised if no one has yet tackled this and built the code. Thanks for any help.
--Donald
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Google XML Stemap from menu_data.js

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

As far as I know you are not going to be able to generate any kind of site map from the menu_data file since it is a js file. I know there is an 'add-on' that was created by Kevin to be able to generate a site index from the actual menu. That is you put a menu item that you click and it produced a ul type link list site index. It's down about the second from the bottom of the top section.

http://support.milonic.com/demos/

I believe there is also an xml based menu in the download and a php sitemap in the xtras folder. Maybe the xml menu would be usable with your tool, but I'm not knowledgeable on any of this.

Ruth
dlpirl
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Google XML Stemap from menu_data.js

Post by dlpirl »

Thanks, Ruth. That's the one I already found, and no, it doesn't include the ability to generate an xml file. I am sure its possible though. When I get a bit of time, I would like to do write the js code. For now I've just put hyperlinks to all my pages in the index.htm file, so another utility (xml-sitemaps.com) can generate the xml sitemap that Google likes.
--Donald