FireFox vs IE - Vertical Alignment issues

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
awwilkie
Beginner
Beginner

FireFox vs IE - Vertical Alignment issues

Post by awwilkie »

Hello,

I have a vertical alignment problem with my menu in Firefox (It looks good in IE). I aligned it vertically using (top=) in the following code:

// ************* MAIN MENU ******************
with(milonic=new menuname("Main Menu")){
alwaysvisible=1;
itemheight=20;
itemwidth=30;
left=25;
orientation="horizontal";
style=menuStyle;
top=113; // Internet Explorer - Setting
//top=106; // FireFox - Setting

As you can tell there is a 7px difference between IE and Firefox to align the menu vertically correctly. I am using Dreamweaver to build my webpages. The menu is sitting on top of an image that has been inserted into the webpage. I am thinking it might have something to do with how the browser displays the image. The space above the image is different in IE and FireFox (possibly 7px differnt). The image is placed at the top left corner of the webpage.

Anyone run into this before? I can post images if necessary.

Cheers,

Andrew
awwilkie
Beginner
Beginner

Re: FireFox vs IE - Vertical Alignment issues

Post by awwilkie »

Never mind...I found a work around using "Layers" in Dreamweaver so that I can define exact positioning which work both in IE and FireFox :D
If you have any additional comments...feel free,

Cheers,

Andrew
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: FireFox vs IE - Vertical Alignment issues

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I've moved this to Help and Support. If I could see the page I could probably tell you the exact problem. I would think it is with regard to css settings. For example, if you do not set a margin in css and just allow browsers to set it, they are different depending on the default setting of the browser. Alternatively, it could be some other margin or padding setting in css which is affecting the menu. But, unless you give us a page we can't tell.

Ruth