Changing bgcolor

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Changing bgcolor

Post by sherrylee »

I am currently working with sample, "menus built entirely from images". I am trying to change the bgcolor of it, trying to change both the onbgcolor and the offbgcolor. I have used the color picker in Milonic, added the color code in the right places, but for some reason, the color won't change. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Sherry
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Changing bgcolor

Post by Ruth »

That sample is built from images so the bgcolor won't show. If you remove the images, then the off and onbgcolors will work. So are you saying there are some menus where you want bgcolors and not images? If that's it, then you need to create a separate style for those menus to use that doesn't use images.

Ruth
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

This is the image I want to use. I need to change the color of it from blue to green. Can that be done? http://milonic.com/menusample18.php

Thank you,
Sherry
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Sherry,

You are aware that those images include the text? This is not a bgimage sample, just an example of creating images to use as your items. So, if you want the actual image with your own text, you'd need to make them. I do have a sample I was making to play with those images as bgimages so they have no text on them, that is added through the menu_data file. I'd be glad to put that up for you to see, but first you need to give me some image or some page someplace that has the green color you want to use.

This is not something I would explain in depth because, though it's not difficult to do, it takes some knowledge of css. Of course if the example is what you like, all the css is already there.

Ruth