Forum Support

A forum for topics relating to the Milonic Solutions Website, Milonic products, polls and anything else relating to Milonic.

How would you rate the forum support?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:51 am

5 - Fantastic
100%
4 - Good
No votes
3 - Average
No votes
2 - Poor
No votes
1 - 'Free' is the ONLY good thing about it
No votes

Total votes: 5

Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Forum Support

Post by Hergio »

How would you rate the support provided by this forum? Take into consideration that it is free as well. Are there things you'd like to see more of or less of? What do you think paid support should have over and above free forum support?

Vote on the topic and post any comments! :D
Last edited by Hergio on Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

I'm giving up on forum polls from now on. Its horrible! Somebody else can do it. :(
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Hate to say I told you so, but - I told you so... :roll:
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I like them if I happen to see them. The problem is that unlike the 'topics' sections News/DHTML version 5 [and it's subtopics] etc. Polls do not have their own section so unless we actually look in that section, we don't see it. I might suggest that you put a separate section that actually has the question of the newest active poll right on the entry page as we come in say, News | Polls | DHTML Version 5| etc. then in the descriptor section for Poll on the Forum entry page it could have the newest poll question. Then when they click that it would take them to the forum with that question and all the other polls.... Just a thought since I do not know anything about the ins and outs of running a forum and don't know how much trouble that would be. But, I bet more would participate, I think most don't even realize that a poll is there unless they browse all the categories....many don't. For example this is in anything goes, which is described as off topic...well asking about the forum help and how it rates I wouldn't think is off the topic of Milonic Menus :)

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Excellent points, Ruth. The Forum is "scheduled" (don't ask when) for a revamp, and we'll consider adding that section.
John
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

Is Dave lost in javaspace?
Okay I'll give you a Fantastic smile :D

Regards
maz
:oops: But would I take my advice?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Good question. It has been a bit quiet around here...
John
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

1200! Wow! You're flyin!

Yeah been busy with side projects again. And works been hectic. I usually can get in a bunch of posts at work, but not as of late. I got national corporate guys coming in to see a payroll/timekeeping application my colleage and I developed to see if they can use it throughout the company. Its crazy!!
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Seems like I just started here. Guess that's what happens when ya get old - time flies :cry:

Work is nutty here as well. Working on a few ColdFusion projects, plus a big redesign in CSS that's driving me nuts (more nuts). Tougher to post during the day, but I think we're hangin' in there.
John