Submitting items for discussion

A forum for topics relating to the Milonic Solutions Website, Milonic products, polls and anything else relating to Milonic.
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Submitting items for discussion

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

I like the new beginners guide sections, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to submit ideas or requests, especially with private messaging disabled. The poll seems to be the only way, but that seems a bit limited with the choices.

I thought a good idea for a guide would be in structuring your site, a indication of best practice in organising your work into folders.

Two other subjects I've seen come up a lot are ones relating to frames (and Iframes) and using INCLUDEs, both inconjunction with avoiding putting the JS links onto every page you create.
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Hi Andy -

I know you realize that area is brand new, and the girls are still working out the details.

As for no posting there, that was kicked around for a while, and finally decided that posting would probably quickly get out of hand, therefore overshadowing the tutorials. The idea is to keep it a teaching/training area only, with questions and problems still to be posted to the v5 area.

The ladies may overrule me on all this and allow posting to the poll area (which is actually open right now), or request another area just for questions.

Make any sense?
John
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

I think it would be okay to have the poll topics as a suggestion box.

But I think one of the boys may have to cover Iframes ;)

maz
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

So there you have it, Andy.

Description changed.
John
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

Nice one, I love the way things get sorted on here really quickly!

I do agree that the area should be locked though because we've already seen how many V3 questions get put in the V5 area. It would only be a matter of days before the area would get swamped with questions rather than tutorials.
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.