Version 6 ???

A forum for topics relating to the Milonic Solutions Website, Milonic products, polls and anything else relating to Milonic.
Lairythian
Beginner
Beginner

Version 6 ???

Post by Lairythian »

Is there any current realistic estimate on a release date for version 6?

Is it realistic or optimistic to expect something in the last quarter of 2006 or first quarter 2007 perhaps?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Have to ask - what's the rush? Andy is still pumping out updates at a pretty crazy pace, fixing bugs and adding new features. Does the version number really matter?
John
Lairythian
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lairythian »

John wrote:Have to ask - what's the rush? Andy is still pumping out updates at a pretty crazy pace, fixing bugs and adding new features. Does the version number really matter?
No rush really, I am patient! And yes, for me the new version actually does matter. It matters a lot!!!

In a recent reply email from Milonic, I was informed that the devs were finally going to implement into version 6, what I have been patiently waiting for since version 3.4.09.

...which is an updated version of the Milonic menues with support for "FRAMES". Which is what my site, has been, and will continue to use. After investigating the usage of "iFrames" which would be a total re-write for my site I decided to stick with the traditional Frames instead and patiently wait for either an alternative menu system with similar features or simply wait and pray the devs would include an update for this long awaited support.
Lairythian
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Lairythian »

Well, it's been about 14 months since I last inquired, so thought I would ask again for an update on version 6...
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

From your previous post I get the impression you want it for frames? There is a frames version now with version 5, it comes in the download. You don't need to rewrite using iframes, you can use frames and in the download is an example under the extras/frames folders.

I'm not sure about a version 6.

Ruth
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Version 6 is still a long way off.

Some of the bugs/issues we have today can take several days to fix. This means that until we get on top of everything version 6 will never get completed