Graphical Menu Editor...

A Windows application for making menus
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I know you are probably very busy since you've not posted back, but I've been trying to work on this for a few weeks off and on and I can't because I can't find out what's causing it to freeze everything when you click on the Images tab. With my lack of js knowledge, I can't find whatever might be causing that. I have figured out how to remove that layer, and I can get it to work with just that layer, but when they are all there, I can click all the others and it switches, when I click that one, it loads but it doesn't put in the little form boxes and freezes totally. If you have any time and can find that, I would then continue on with what I can do.

Hope you had a great Christmas, and have a marvelous New Year!

I also wanted to ask if you had any objection if I used part of the program as a tutorial? I don't know how to make interactive forms and have things apply to the menu and I wanted to put up a basic tutorial where beginners could see changes as they made them. I used this to make one. It doesn't included the content, it's really for design for beginners. I find that if they see things as they make changes then they remember better.

Also, is this going to be something I can put up at Milonic or is it for something you are providing for your clients? Not that it will change my trying things out. I'm learning a lot I didn't know, about the menu and about layers/divs, functions :D

Ruth
ywfbi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ywfbi »

Hello, Hello!

I know its been a very long time, I do appologise. And to make matters worse Im absolutly snowed under still! Ive now got 2 sites on the go as well as my day job, not to mention plans for my own sites. But thats usual, nothing for ages then it comes all at once!

Please feel free to use my code in any way you wish, I am not looking to make money off it, that wasn't why I startd it in the first place.
I did have a great new years, I hope yours was the same!
I imagine at this stage with the work you've done it is quite different to my last update, would you like to post a link (zipped files) and I'll take a look at the images layer as soon as I get the chance.
It shouldn't be too hard to find the problem!

Regards Dean
Last edited by ywfbi on Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Dean,

The link is your last posted link. Since it just kept freezing the browser when I tried clicking on the images tab, I went back to an older version for the tutorial which is coming nicely. As soon as I get it done, I'll post for you to see.

It doesn't output, it's strickly for letting beginners learn a bit about how to do the styles and such, so they feel a bit easier when they get the menu and hyperventilate on seeing a bunch of gobbledy gook which makes no sense to them when they open the data file. For this purpose I've been working to change as much of it to type-in boxes rather than select.
ywfbi wrote:Im absolutly snowed under .... But thats usual, nothing for ages then it comes all at once!
Ain't it the truth. I'm about to move across country, lot's of work to get done.

Once I'm done with the tutorial, I'll go back to the menu builder and work on that, but given the move and since I do not know coding, it going to take me some time. When I get it done and up, I'll drop a link. And, certainly you will be given recognition. That's a lot of work! Thanks for all your time.

Good luck on your sites!

Ruth