Pagematch with images?

A place for posting requests and information about images used in the menu.
dubbelepunt
Advanced
Advanced

Pagematch with images?

Post by dubbelepunt »

I'm using the Milonic menu system on a client's website. This works great, but now my client requested to highlight the active menu item.

I found out about the pagematch property, but this only seems to work with text-based menu's, not with image-based menu's? So I want to display the 'overimage' on the active page. Removing the images to display text is not an option.

So, is there a way to show the active menu item with images?
Unfortunately I'm not allowed to show the site I'm working on...

Thanks!
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

Try declaring a pageimage. This should change the image based on current page.

Hope this helps
Andy
dubbelepunt
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dubbelepunt »

thanks for your quick reply!

I read about pageimage too... what I understood is that this is one image, that is displayed on the highlighted menu item. So one image for the entire menu.
But I want to display the overimage for the hightlighted image, which is (of course) different for each item. And not the same image for every button...

Can I use pageimage to do this? I think I am missing something here :?
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Any of the properties that are declared as a style can also be applied for a single menu item.

If you want pageimage to be different for each menu item, you can declare the pageimage for each menu item within the aI() text string, then the appropriate image will be displayed based on URL match

Hope this is what you are looking for
-- Andy
dubbelepunt
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dubbelepunt »

I think it is! :)
I'll have a look at it, I'll let you know if it works!
dubbelepunt
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dubbelepunt »

this works very well indeed, thanks :D

a related question just occured... I have some wizard-like pages, through which the user can navigate with a 'next' and 'previous' button. These buttons (and the url's to those pages) are not mentioned in the menu code. Because of this, the highlight will not work for these pages...

Mentioning those page in the pagematch property doesn't seem to work either. Is there another way to do this?
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Yes, it can be done, but it depends on what you're trying to do and how you set up your site folders.Try this posted question about page matching. You might try a search of the topic pagematch or page matching and there may be something else to help.

Ruth