Help for a novice on the 'explanations' in the ..array.js

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Help for a novice on the 'explanations' in the ..array.js

Post by Ruth »

Hello,
I am a complete novice. I have gotten the menu to be what I want, site is not up yet, I'm testing everything first, but I came to milonic trying to find in faqs or somewhere an explanation of what the various lines of explanation mean...most are obvious, but for example

// Current Page Item Font Color (leave this blank to disable)
,// Current Page Item Background Color (leave this blank to disable)

what does this mean? [perhaps it's silly, but] does it mean you can somehow enable this to have the menu take the font and background color of the page? Boy, would that be nice, especially for something like mine which are pages of poetry with different page designs and colors..... it would be almost as good as winning the lottery!
So, back to the ? is there someplace that gives an explanation of the explanations....

Thanks so much,
Ruth
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Ruth,

Unfortunately, such documentation doesn't exist. The best available resources are the examples on the Milonic website, these forums (which are searchable), and the mailing list.

Regarding the Current Item font and background colors: If you leave these blank, there is no effect. If you set them, then the menu item that corresponds to the current page will automatically take on the font color and background color that you specify. It's a way to let the user know "where they are" in the menu when viewing a page. This effect is used in the horizontal menu that's used to navigate the Milonic site itself. Note how the "Home" selection is sort of pink when you're on the home page, but reverts to its normal color when you are not on the home page.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Kevin,
Yes, it does help. I couldn't figure out what it was doing. Thanks so much
Ruth