Two menu_array.js

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
chrissi
Beginner
Beginner

Two menu_array.js

Post by chrissi »

Hi friends,

are there possibilities of having TWO menu_array.js, but just ONE mmenu.js . What shall I delte, insert into the mmenu.js/menu_array.js

Thanks,

Chrissi

PS: Sorry for my English, but i'm german...
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Yes, very easily. Just name your second array file something different, like menu_array2.js, or whatever.

As for what to delete, note the following at the top of the array file...

Code: Select all

//The following line is critical for menu operation, and MUST APPEAR ONLY ONCE. If you have more than one menu_array.js file rem out this line in subsequent files
menunum=0;menus=new Array();_d=document;function addmenu(){menunum++;menus[menunum]=menu;}function dumpmenus(){mt="<scr"+"ipt language=javascript>";for(a=1;a<menus.length;a++){mt+=" menu"+a+"=menus["+a+"];"}mt+="<\/scr"+"ipt>";_d.write(mt)}
//Please leave the above line intact. The above also needs to be enabled if it not already enabled unless this file is part of a multi pack.
As it says, remove that code (or rem it out with //) from ALL array files except the first one you call.

For instance, if you have the array files...

menu_array.js
menu_array2.js

...leave the code in place in menu_array.js, but remove it from menu_array2.js.
John