Problem with frames

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
dmedcalf
Beginner
Beginner

Problem with frames

Post by dmedcalf »

I am using frames. I have a "Top" frame and a "Body" frame. The menu is in the "Top" frame and it overlaps onto the "Body" frame. My problem is that my "Body" frame isn't an actual page on my site, I link to a page on another site that displays in my "Body" frame. Therefore I don't have an actual page to put the
<script language=JavaScript src="frames_body_array.js" type=text/javascript></script>
<script language=JavaScript src="mmenu.js" type=text/javascript></script>

so the menu will not work over the frame. Is there any way around this issue?
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

dmedcalf wrote:Is there any way around this issue?
Only if the code for the page displayed in the body frame is also under your control. If the menu code is not in the page, then the page cannot display the menus.

Sorry for the bad news.

Kevin

P.S. I moved this thread to the v3 forum, because you are using version 3 code.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

If you switch to version 5, depending on your top frame height you could use an all horizontal menu, that way all the submenus would open in that top frame also, and you'd have your menu links open the pages in the main body frame. Here's the sample. You can convert your header_array.js and body_array.js files using the on line converter, after which you'd need to merge them together in one menu_data.js file.

Ruth