Overlapping Text in IE 7.0

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
ekukulka
Beginner
Beginner

Overlapping Text in IE 7.0

Post by ekukulka »

We are switching from another JavaScript menu to Milonic v3.4.12 on our Intranet. I know it is the old version and there is no support but our IT department said we have to use this version and they are not upgrading.

We have a horizontal menu in a table cell.
<tr>
<td align="left" height="25" valign="top"><script>PlaceMenu("menu_header")</script></td>
</tr>

The menu has seven items in a 750 pixel wide table that is centered. The Menu Width is set to 95 pixels. We have one long menu (21 characters) that displays okay in Internet Explorer 6.0 but in IE 7.0 it is being overlapped by the next menu item.

It looks something like this all on one line. In IE 7.0 Policies & Procedures is being overlapped by People.

Home Centrals Find It… Documents Policies & Procedures People Events

It will fit if we change the Menu Width to 150 but then the whole menu is over 1,000 pixels wide and extends considerably past the right side of the table.

Is it possible to set the Menu Width for a one menu to a different width then the rest of the menus? I know in the addmenu section you can specify a width but that is for the drop down menu.

If not does anyone have any suggestions other than upgrading which I can’t do?

Thanks
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Possibly one of our users will be able to help you with this.
John
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Sorry but we simply cannot expect version 3 of the menu to be compatible with IE7.

There is some 5 years difference between the releases.

Your tech team need to upgrade, it's as simple as that. If not, everybody that uses your site will need to ensure that they use older browsers which, as you can imagine, is an unreasonable request.

Cheers,
Andy