Milonic link

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Davidk
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Milonic link

Post by Davidk »

Have I understood it correctly, even if I'm granted a free licence, which I have benn, for an academic institution, the milonic link will still be in the menu? Is it not possible to perhaps have this link in a credit page?

//David
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Yes, you have not (it's late here!).

If you requested an academic license and received your license number there will not be a forced link in the menu. However, the license agreement still calls for a link back to Milonic.
John
Davidk
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

good, but...

Post by Davidk »

...how do I then get rid of the link? I have received my licence number, but do I have to download new menues of can I stil use the sample menus?

//David
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You will need to get a new one. Besides, RC14 is now up with more fixes. On the main site make sure you log in. That's how the system recognizes you as registered and sends the proper code set.
John
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

I have a non-profit license number and a login and when I download the latest RC 14, I still get the link to the Milonic Home Page.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

bobwill wrote:I have a non-profit license number and a login and when I download the latest RC 14, I still get the link to the Milonic Home Page.
Did you send proof of your non-profit status to Milonic? It is required.
John
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

Yes. Even if you have a non-profit status you still will get the link to the Milonic Site. That's because you are getting it free. I went ahead and purchased so the link will be eliminated. The menu system is well worth the $38.76.
Neo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Neo »

I don't understand each word of what you're saying because i'm not a native english speaker, but if i understand right jgillett said that you want have a fixed link in the menu if you get an academic license, right???
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

bobwill wrote:Yes. Even if you have a non-profit status you still will get the link to the Milonic Site. That's because you are getting it free.
I apologize for the confusion. I thought that with 'approved' free users the link was removed (but the license still requires you place one). Apparently my error.
bobwill wrote:I went ahead and purchased so the link will be eliminated. The menu system is well worth the $38.76.
Thank You :!:

You are certainly correct. It's worth much more, IMHO.
John
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

I have an education licence and have just noticed the Milonic link on my menu in RC14.

I certainly don't have a problem with having a link, I have links and pictures on my CREDITS page but I am short of space on my menu and would like to specify where I can place it.
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

We'll be in to this problem later this week.

It'll be in your favour.

Cheers
Andy
iScott
Beginner
Beginner

Post by iScott »

I did a search and found this thread. I've just downloaded the vertical sample of the menu and it comes highly recommended. So i will most likely be looking into a free license because i'm planning on using this menu on both my personal site (that i'm building now) and my ministry site that is already live on the net. (link in signature)

My question is.. I have no problem with leaving the milonic link on the menu especially on my personal site since it's gonna be somewhat aimed at webmasters, but can i move the link? If i'm not mistaken the site says the link will be the second menu item. Can I move it to the bottom of the menu?

Scott
Living2Serve Ministries
Fort-Scott (Under Construction)
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

The link cannot be moved.

However, all use of the menu must be licensed, both free and paid. Therefore, if you buy, or apply and qualify for a free license, the link will no longer be there.
John