users expirience problems with melonic menu. What now?

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
webmaster vitae
Beginner
Beginner

users expirience problems with melonic menu. What now?

Post by webmaster vitae »

We use the melonic menu on our website (http://www.vitae.nl). I get regularly mails from users who can not use the menu. They cannot open the sub layer with a mouse over. I found out that some settings from users are debt to this. For example if your security level in the browser (e.g. IE 5) is on high the menu cannot be used. Also if active scripting at the advanced settings of IE is disabled the menu does not work.

Since we are a company who want so serve out users I do not want them to adapt their system any longer to our web site. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
Greets Stijn Fien
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

I'm not sure about all the items you mention, but there is one glaring problem. The version you are running is very far down level, and also is no longer supported. Current now is the v5 series, RC17 to be exact. While this is technically a beta, we are extremely close to final release.

You will need to update to v5 and then let us know how things go from there. See http://milonic.com/.
John
webmaster vitae
Beginner
Beginner

Post by webmaster vitae »

Thanx fot the tip,

Can you tell me when the V5 rc17 is out of the beta stage and a final release.
We have a licence. Can I just downlaod it from milonic.com?

Greetz Stijn
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Actually, we're deep into RC19 right now. It would be a good idea to upgrade if you've made the move to v5. When the final is released it will be announced here on the Forum.
John