How to place form elements inside menu

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
The Ricster
Beginner
Beginner

How to place form elements inside menu

Post by The Ricster »

Hello all,

I have what is probably a very simple question, but one which I can’t seem to find an answer for.

How do I place form elements (text boxes, select boxes, radio buttons, etc.) inside the menu? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The Ricster

Ricster@ricsterware.com
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Oohh its been a while, umm lets see here. I believe you need to set the type of the menuitem to forum. I think you do that right after the URL as in urllstuff;type=form. And then right in the text of the menu item you are allowed to put HTML tags, just watch your quotes and single quotes, they may mess up the javascript.

Also, we've done this quite a few times in version 5 of the menu. Its really quite easy. We do it on the http://milonic.com homepage under search, take a look at the code to see how its done. So yes, I am saying it again for all those people out there that hate to hear it, upgrading would be your best option. ;)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
The Ricster
Beginner
Beginner

Post by The Ricster »

Thanks Hergio, I thought it was something similar to that, only I didn't, (and still don't) know exactly where the text/tags are inserted. I realize that it is done on the home page, but I don't have access to that code segment, do you?

and is it done differently in ver5 than in ver3?

any sample code you can show me, (I'm very much a 'show me' kind of guy).

many thanks again
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Ok so I am assuming you are upgrading to version 5...cuz you better! :lol: Its worth it! There are definetly differences between ver3 and ver5, but they are differences that make your life coding and customizing the menu easier. Andy has taken alot of the guesswork and 'comma-counting' out of the menu and its much simplier to understand. Go to http://milonic.com/menu_data.php , it will look like a bunch of rubbish, but just use your 'view source' and it will look normal. Look through that code for the form insertion, I've also posted the exact code on the v5 forum, do a search of posts made by me with form code or to that effect.

You will also see NUMEROUS examples of all you can do with the menu in the samples area. Under the DHTML menu item, you will see samples, in there, there are TONS of examples complete with source code and the ability to download.

Best of luck upgrading...I hope we can more people to do it. ;)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."