Menu position relative (site is centered)? Please help

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Largo
Beginner
Beginner

Menu position relative (site is centered)? Please help

Post by Largo »

i plan to use the dhtml menu version 3.3.19 for a noncommercial site. The problem is: the left position of the menu is specified in pixels. I do not understand the code very well, but for my project i have a layout which is always centered on the browser page. Sadly, the menu does not move with the rest of the page.
Is there any way to make the menu move with the centered layout as well?

Thanks in advance,
Largo
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You should really get up to the current version. 3.3.19 is well over 20 levels down from the last release in the v3 series, 3.5.15. More importantly, v3 is no longer supported or developed.

v5 is now at RC40. That puts the version you're trying to use over 50 levels down. v5 is the way to go, both for support and features. Get it at http://milonic.com/.
John
Largo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Largo »

True. But for the moment, i like to stick with this one.
I believe my question is simple enough to answer even if the version i use is not the newest. Perhaps it's not even possible, that's an anwer too.
Now i found out, that the menu can be placed in a table, which makes it stick inside vertically, but remains on the left position. That's a start. But i don't know how to solve the rest.

Cheers,
Largo
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

With version 5 you can use the sample from here:

http://milonic.com/menusample.php?sampleid=9

Cheers
Andy
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Version 5 is so much better, does so many more things, and there is a converter so that you can convert your existing menu. As for version 3, I'm not sure if in that particular version of 3 you have this but check for

Code: Select all

// Screen Position - here you can use "center;left;right;middle;top;bottom" or a combination of "center:middle"
get rid of the number of the left position of the menu, just leave it blank with just the comma, and put "center" in that screen position line. It should be someplace around the border width.

Ruth