using an image in the background behind the menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jgold723
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

using an image in the background behind the menu

Post by jgold723 »

I'd like to use an image for the background of my vertical menu. How do I do that?

Thanks,

John
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

John
jgold723
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Background image

Post by jgold723 »

Thanks for the link -- and the links to the other support docs.

One more question -- I downloaded the customized menu, but I don't want to rebuild the version I've already installed.

Can I simply replace the program files and edit the information at the top of the data file?

Thanks,

John
John
 Team
 Team

Re: Background image

Post by John »

jgold723 wrote:Thanks for the link -- and the links to the other support docs.
You're welcome. There's a lot of good info there, and Andy does his best to keep it updated often (although difficult with the menu still in beta).
jgold723 wrote:One more question -- I downloaded the customized menu, but I don't want to rebuild the version I've already installed.

Can I simply replace the program files and edit the information at the top of the data file?
Yes. It is extremely rare that an existing customer data file will have to be 'dumped' or heavily edited. That happened once or twice very early in the beta, but now it's just a matter of minor edits to build your menu. New RCs require that only the 3 main menu code files be replaced (always replace all 3!).
John