Cross browser support for Targetfeatures parameter

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
dlbrix
Beginner
Beginner

Cross browser support for Targetfeatures parameter

Post by dlbrix »

Hello! This is the first time using this forum, but I have questions, I need answers and I guess this is where I'll find them (or at least I'm hoping...)

I have instituted a Horizontal menu on my site that uses image based rollovers. Some of the submenus are set to pop open a new window of a set size and if the page is larger, to add scrollbars...

as such I have set the "targetfeatures" parameters to the following...

aI("image=../images/nav_bars/creatnav_brix.jpg;overimage=../images/nav_bars/creatnav_brix-o.jpg;url=../pages/create_david.html;target=_blank;targetfeatures=width=780 height=420 scrollbars=yes;alt=Meet David Brix;");

For some reason, when the page displays on my PC (in Mozilla 1.5) the scrollbars do not show. I have tested with I.E. 6.0 and the scrollbars do show up... IS this a bug with Mozilla?

The URL for the site is http://www.image-odyssey.com/

The submenu that is giving me problems are any of the submenu items under the "Creatives" menu.

Also, I have noticed that there are times when the page will load (usually the first time I call up the site) and the whole menu will be missing until I refresh the page. Other times, rolling over the menu will cause either parts of the menu or parts or all of the html page to disappear? Have you heard of this happening with anyone else? Is ther anything that I can do to make sure that the menu will display properly at all times...

Thanks in advance for any of your suggestions :)

David Brix
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Couple things to fix first.

You're running RC28, current is RC43. Upgrade.

Your data file is missing the drawMenus(); as the very last statement in that file, on a line by itself.

Interesting presentation. Very nice.

Let us know how it goes.
John
dlbrix
Beginner
Beginner

Follow-up to earlier message

Post by dlbrix »

Hello again,
I am posting this because when I replied to your earlier message that I had received, I received no response... so I am replying here with further questions.

First I need to know what the process is for upgrading to the current release... RC43

Also, I am using two different data files on the site, depending on the root level of the page that the menu is being used on ... (could that be part of the difficulty?), and I checked both of them. Both of them end with the the drawMenus(); statements that you had mentioned... Can you think of anything else that would account for this erratic behavior?
John
 Team
 Team

Re: Follow-up to earlier message

Post by John »

dlbrix wrote:I am posting this because when I replied to your earlier message that I had received, I received no response... so I am replying here with further questions.

As you can see, there is no earlier reply from you here, otherwise we would have answered it. Sorry.
dlbrix wrote:First I need to know what the process is for upgrading to the current release... RC43
Because of the posting time lag between my first message and this, the current release is RC49. However, the method is always the same as when you first downloaded the software - go to the main site, sign in there, and download. That will always get you the latest version.
dlbrix wrote:Also, I am using two different data files on the site, depending on the root level of the page that the menu is being used on ... (could that be part of the difficulty?), and I checked both of them. Both of them end with the the drawMenus(); statements that you had mentioned... Can you think of anything else that would account for this erratic behavior?
Using 2 data files is not a problem. Many of us here do (including me), and a few are using more than that. Personally, I'd put all your Main Menu code back in the _data file where it was (remove that particular drawMenus();). Also, I would remove the style tag you have in that <td> and place the fontsize call in the menu code.
John
dlbrix
Beginner
Beginner

RE: Main Menu Code...

Post by dlbrix »

Thanks again John... I really appreciate your help...

I have the main menu code in the page coding because the menu needs to move with the page and my understanding was that this was the correct way to impliment that.... am I wrong?

Thanks again!

David
John
 Team
 Team

Re: RE: Main Menu Code...

Post by John »

dlbrix wrote:Thanks again John... I really appreciate your help...
Any time - we aimz to pleeze...
dlbrix wrote:I have the main menu code in the page coding because the menu needs to move with the page and my understanding was that this was the correct way to impliment that.... am I wrong?
Not necessarily wrong, but it would be easier to just leave it with the other menu code. You would, of course, still have the JS calls on your pages. That way, should changes be necessary, they only have to be made in one place.
John
dlbrix
Beginner
Beginner

RE: Upgrade and Floating Centered Menu..

Post by dlbrix »

Thanks again John.

I'll try moving the main menu to the data documents...

By the way, I downloaded the latest version of Milonic and I want to check something... All that I am replacing in order to upgrade (I'm assuming at this point) are the milonic_src.js, mmenudom.js and mmenuns4.js files.... and that I do not have to rebuild my Menu Data file.... Yes?
John
 Team
 Team

Re: RE: Upgrade and Floating Centered Menu..

Post by John »

dlbrix wrote:By the way, I downloaded the latest version of Milonic and I want to check something... All that I am replacing in order to upgrade (I'm assuming at this point) are the milonic_src.js, mmenudom.js and mmenuns4.js files.... and that I do not have to rebuild my Menu Data file.... Yes?
Yes. Just remember to always replace all three of those files together - do not mix releases!

BTW, we're up to RF50 now.
John