Menu Version 5.21 and Mozilla (itemwidth not working?)

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
fulmer
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Menu Version 5.21 and Mozilla (itemwidth not working?)

Post by fulmer »

Hello,

I've noticed that using the latest version of the menu with recent builds of Mozilla/Firefox the "itemwidth" doesn't seem to be working. It works fine with IE. This happens on both Windows and Mac. I can't remember off the top of my head if it affects Safari or not... sorry.

I deleted my older versions of the script, so I can't check to see how far back it hasn't been working. I know it's fairly recent though. I just noticed it when I upgraded to 5.21 the other day.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

It's really strange, but what you need to do is this: set menuwidth=130; in the main menu where you now have itemwidth. Then put itemwidth=130; in the global style for that menu. If it turns out that other menus use that style and you don't want them to be 130, then instead of putting it there, because this is a vertical menu, you can put itemwidth=130; in one of the aI strings of that main menu.

Code: Select all

style=style1;
alwaysvisible=1;
menuwidth=130;
aI("text= fontsize=5;itemwidth=130;");
I tested it in Netscape 7.1 and Firebird .07 OS win98se and it works fine.

Ruth
fulmer
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by fulmer »

Thanks Ruth for your reply.

They must have changed something in the menu script because before I never used the menuwidth item, only the itemwidth.

I created a test menu to check it out and it seems to work fine now that I followed your directions...
I tried putting it in earlier today (both items in the menu, not itemwidht in the style like you said) to check to see what was wrong, and I noticed that the menus were still acting funny. The URL's below have the settings correctly (like you told me to).

http://fulmer.mine.nu/menu_test/index.asp
http://fulmer.mine.nu/menu_test/index_j.asp