Need help with frames and iframe!

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
df7nw01@gmx.de

Need help with frames and iframe!

Post by df7nw01@gmx.de »

Hello people!

First I have to say that the Menu is the best I ever found on the web!
But I have the following problem: I use a normal HTML-site including an iframe. How to get the menu opening the sites in this iframe?
And another problem is that this iframe overlaps the menu in NS 6 and Opera 6, in IE 6 it works fine.
You can see a demo under http://www.tupac.de/newsite. It would be really great if you could help me because the site have to get finished soon and this problem really annoys me!

Thanx
Stefan
df7nw01@gmx.de

Re: Need help with frames and iframe!

Post by df7nw01@gmx.de »

So far, the problem with the iframe as target is solved, that was the minor problem, too. So there is still the problem that NS and Opera 6 display the menu behind the iframe and I don't know what to do to solve this... anyone some idea?
bsaylor@ddiscoveries.com
Beginner
Beginner

Post by bsaylor@ddiscoveries.com »

I am seeing this problem under IE 5.0 as well. But in IE 5.5 and 6.0 it is fine. This is a pretty big problem for me.

Again, any suggestions anyone?
MacAttack
Beginner
Beginner

Post by MacAttack »

df7nw01@gmx.de wrote:So far, the problem with the iframe as target is solved, that was the minor problem, too. So there is still the problem that NS and Opera 6 display the menu behind the iframe and I don't know what to do to solve this... anyone some idea?
I'm using the following and it's still not working....

addMenu(......."entry.asp target=filterframe", ......)

where 'filterframe' is the name of my iFrame. Any suggestions?
sbueffel
Advanced
Advanced

Use div

Post by sbueffel »

You can make the menu work in NS and Opera over the iframe by using the hide div feature of the menu. The thing I don't like about it it is that when you enable that it hides the div in IE, too. So you make it work for NS and Opera people, but it works worse now in IE 5.5+ because you are hiding the whole div rather than IE simply placing the menu over it. You have to decide if it's worth it.
MacAttack
Beginner
Beginner

iFrame

Post by MacAttack »

Actually, what I'm trying to do is just open my URL in an iFrame. I'm not having problems with iFrame hiding the menu or anything. I think I'm using the URL correctly (see previous post) but it opens in new window. Thoughts?
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Do you have a

Code: Select all

<base href=>
somwhere in your page?

-- Andy
Blandad
Beginner
Beginner

IFRAMES

Post by Blandad »

Can anyone let me have the code for making a url open in an iframe. Do i have to place some code in the body of the html file or do i have to define the iframe. if so how?
sbueffel
Advanced
Advanced

Post by sbueffel »

I haven't targeted an iframe with the menu, but I have target a frame, plus I have targeted an iframe with a normal link. Yes, the iframe has to have a name, as in <iframe src=abc.html name=frame1>. Then you target that name in your menu, as in "def.html target=frame1".
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

I've just posted a demo to

http://www.milonic.co.uk/menu/menusampl ... ampleid=16

That explains how opening Windows and Frames work

Cheers
Andy
spg
Beginner
Beginner

Post by spg »

This works great in IE5.5+ but if you load it in Netscape 6.2, IE5.01, Opera 5 and show down a little so that the floating menu if to the side of the IFRAME, and then select "open in iframe", you will notice that the menu moves in behind the iframe and not over it... Do you happen to have a solution?? PLEASE?? :)
Andy wrote:I've just posted a demo to

http://www.milonic.co.uk/menu/menusampl ... ampleid=16

That explains how opening Windows and Frames work

Cheers
Andy