jQuery conflict

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jquery
Beginner
Beginner

jQuery conflict

Post by jquery »

jQuery is outputing code that is showing up in my menus.

Code: Select all

function(E,F){return new o.fn.init(E,F)} 
I've removed everything and narrowed it down to the Milonic DHTML menu. Narrowing it down to how the menu is allowing this code to be output is what is difficult. It's not phyically in the page source, it's dynamically being output as part of the way Milonic writes its output to the screen. I don't want to have to move to another menu script since this one works well already, however I do need to get jQuery integrated and need to determine how to make them compatible with each.

Thanks.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Re: jQuery conflict

Post by Andy »

Hi,

The menu currently works alongside jQuery on many many websites, this indicates that it's a problem specific to your site.

We will need a URL in order to debug this. Sounds like it's one of your modules doing this, not jQuery but I can't confirm until I can see the HTML of your site.

Cheers,
Andy
luispehuajo
Beginner
Beginner

Post by luispehuajo »

Hello,

In the forum I found this only topic that is similar to my problem, i want to ask you if this problem is resolved or if any things that i con prove in my site to solve it.

I know that you need the html of my page to test it, but I can’t give it to you because is a bank system and it’s confidential. So if you can give me any response I will be very thankful.
I’m using Milonic DHTML Menu - JavaScript Website Navigation System.
Version 5.728.

Sorry for my bad English.

Romero, Luis Javier
Ingeniero en Sistemas. Argentina - Bs. As. - Tandil
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Do you have a URL that we can see?

At least if we can see the problem we'll be able to find out what is going on
RexWrecks
Beginner
Beginner

Post by RexWrecks »

It seems I am having the same issue. Was there ever a solution?
RexWrecks
Beginner
Beginner

Post by RexWrecks »

Figured out a solution thanks anyway.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

The previous person never gave us a url so we could test what was happening. Can you tell me what the problem was and your solution? It might help someone else. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Ruth
gdanen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gdanen »

Ruth wrote:Hi,

The previous person never gave us a url so we could test what was happening. Can you tell me what the problem was and your solution? It might help someone else. I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Ruth

I just came upon the same issue. Just adding jQuery to the site http://www.parkland-perennials.com/
Hover over the menu items that have sub-menus.
screencapture_ 2014-02-11_002.png
screencapture_ 2014-02-11_002.png (14.47 KiB) Viewed 48330 times
Gerry Danen
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Just wanted you to know I've posted this to Milonic and someone should get back to you pretty quickly.

Ruth
gdanen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gdanen »

Ruth wrote:Hi,

Just wanted you to know I've posted this to Milonic and someone should get back to you pretty quickly.

Ruth
Thank you, Ruth.
Gerry Danen
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I was trying to see if I could figure anything out and in the process I noticed that you are so far downlevel I don't even know if it's possible to fix this issue back that far. Milonic are now at level 5.942 and ten years down the road in development in order to keep up with the various new things going on in browsers and such. I just wanted to point that out.

Ruth
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Well spotted, Ruth

I can confirm that the menu does in fact work correctly with the latest version on your website.

So, all you need to do is upgrade :D
gdanen
Advanced
Advanced

Post by gdanen »

Andy wrote:Well spotted, Ruth

I can confirm that the menu does in fact work correctly with the latest version on your website.

So, all you need to do is upgrade :D
Thank you Andy and Ruth. Will I face any conversion issues, moving from such an old version?
Gerry Danen
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Should just be a matter of upgrading milonic_src.js and mmenudom.js - menu data files are fully compatible with older releases as long as it's version 5.

Obviously, any problems get back to us and we'll do what we can.

Cheers,
Andy
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I had a thought that since it has been so long you might not remember what to do as to uploading the update. So, just to be sure, when you get the update, unzip the file to someplace / folder in your computer and when you open it, all you have to do is upload the milonic_src.js file, the mmenudom.js and since you use it, the mmenuns.js files. Whatever you do, don't upload the included menu_data.js file since that would overwrite you existing menu. I tend to suggest that when people make their menu_data.js file they rename it, but it's not necessary. I only make the suggestion so there is no possibility of accidentally uploading and replacing it by mistake. If you need any help you can post back and I'd be glad to provide assistance.

Ruth