Menu styles via HTML

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
iBringSolutions
Advanced
Advanced

Menu styles via HTML

Post by iBringSolutions »

Hi,

Is it possible to style a menu via html?

Thanks.

Patrick
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Menu styles via HTML

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. You can place the menu_data.js code on the html page in script tags. There are also php menus in which you change the data.js file to data.php, and the same for cfm, and asp_sql, xml, and ajax. Can you be a little more specific as to what you want to do?

Ruth
iBringSolutions
Advanced
Advanced

I basically want to know if I can add overbgimage='images/button.gif'; to my menu other than by using the menu_data.js file? Can this be done by adding the overbgimage='images/home_button.gif'; code somewhere in the HTML... or some other way?

Thanks Ruth.

Patrick
iBringSolutions
Advanced
Advanced

No luck?

Ruth? Anyone?

Patrick
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I'm researching it. There are two things you might be able to do. 1st if you build a listmenu, I have a post that tells you how to set it up so that you can have images, but not background images. I don't know if you can do that and I'm trying to experiment to see if it can be done with say a css class. 2nd, and I am waiting for a response from Milonic on this, there is a new menu, it has been called version 6, but the actual name is Webplugs. I think that can do it. It is a js file, but the styles are built from css. I don't know much about it, I haven't had time to work with it and learn it yet, especially since I am almost illiterate when it comes to css :)

Anyway, here is the post about using mouseOver images with listbased menus viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8373&hilit=listbased

The person explains how they did it. In the meantime, I'll play around and see what I can figure out.

Ruth