mm_menueditapi.js Module Help

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
ptmuldoon
Beginner
Beginner

mm_menueditapi.js Module Help

Post by ptmuldoon »

I'm playing around with only the free license at the moment, and will purchase a single site if/when I can understand some more. But I am experimenting with the mm_menueditapi.js bolt-on module, but can not find any good documentation on it.

Specifically, I'm trying to learn how to change use the mm_changeMenuStyle feature. I tried adding the following into a test page, but was unable to to get it work, and the menu retained the style from the default menu_data.js file.

Code: Select all

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="mm_menueditapi.js" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>
mm_changeMenuStyle('Main Menu',NewStyle);

with(NewStyle=new mm_style()) {
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth="1";
bordercolor="#000000";
onbgcolor="#000000";
offbgcolor="#000000";
padding="2";
}
</SCRIPT>
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: mm_menueditapi.js Module Help

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Just posting to let you know I am trying to find the answer to this. I didn't want you to think no one was looking into it. As soon as I get any info I will post back.

Ruth
ptmuldoon
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ptmuldoon »

Ruth,

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I wish I could offer some suggestions, but I'm new to javascript in general, and mainly just trial and error at this point in seeing what I can learn.
ptmuldoon
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ptmuldoon »

Hi Ruth and group.

Was wondering if anyone was able to take a look at the ChangeStyle option within the script and learn more on how to use the various other options within the script.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

So sorry for the delay - had some serious issues here lately.

Anyway, I have found an issue with the mm_changeMenuStyle for some reason you needed to swap the parameters over and it would than work.

However, I have actually fixed it because it's better to keep continuity with the other functions so MenuName,MenuStyle is still the order you should use.

You can download the whole menu again or just download http://milonic.com/mm_menueditapi.js and update it, it's up to you.

Also, you need to specify the menu's style before referencing it, like this:

Code: Select all

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="mm_menueditapi.js" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>
with(NewStyle=new mm_style()) {
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth="1";
bordercolor="#000000";
onbgcolor="#000000";
offbgcolor="#000000";
padding="2";
}

mm_changeMenuStyle('Main Menu',NewStyle);
</SCRIPT>
Hope this helps,
Andy
ptmuldoon
Beginner
Beginner

Post by ptmuldoon »

Thanks Andy.

That worked Great!!! :)

Would you or anyone know if there is any other documentation on how to use the other functions? I'm working on learning how to add, delete, and edit both Main Menu and SubMenu Items, but haven't gotten all worked out yet.

Any tips would be very helpful.

Thanks
PT
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see this. You might try this kind of demo, but I don't know if it will help or not. This is one thing I have never really understood, the mmeditapi module. http://milonic.com/menueditapi.php

Ruth