Display menu from within folders

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jcoones
Beginner
Beginner

Display menu from within folders

Post by jcoones »

I am using Dreamweaver and have a template using a menu created with version 3.3.19. I am having a problem where, if I select a menu item such as "About Us" it calls up a page called "about.htm" which is in a folder called "About". This works fine but if I then select "Home" from the menu on a page that resides within a folder, which should take me to the index page located in the root, (eg: MySite/index.htm), it says Page not found c:\index.htm. I tried setting the path to "/index.htm" but no luck however, it does work if I use "../index.htm". Problem is that some pages for my site are two levels down while others are only one so having to adjust each page individually with either ../ or ../../ is ridiculous, especially when using templates.

I am testing the menu in dreamweaver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John :oops:

I also finf that
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Two things...

First, UPDATE! [sorry] The current version in the v3 series is 3.5.15, which literally puts you 20-some levels down. Always get your updates here, not from a mirror.

Even better, move up to v5, now in RC stage and very stable. Since you're just starting you might as well go with the latest and best.

http://milonic.com/v5_rc2/menu.htm
John
jcoones
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jcoones »

Thanks, I downloaded V5.