Is my iframe_data.js file ok?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Is my iframe_data.js file ok?

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

My IFRAME_DATA.JS starts with these line:

_scrollAmount=3 // Used for Netscape 4 scrolling
_scrollDelay=20 // Used for Netscape 4 scrolling

........ no details about the Milonic menu system or any copyright notices. Is this correct or am I missing some important lines? I downloaded the zip file around 11am today.

I also noticed that a number of the JS files would not open 'cleanly' into notepad - the lines were all jumbled together with some odd formatting marks. Is this also the case or is there something wrong?

Thanks.
ebynum
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Is my iframe_data.js file ok?

Post by ebynum »

fredlongworthhighschool wrote:My IFRAME_DATA.JS starts with these line:

_scrollAmount=3 // Used for Netscape 4 scrolling
_scrollDelay=20 // Used for Netscape 4 scrolling

........ no details about the Milonic menu system or any copyright notices. Is this correct or am I missing some important lines? I downloaded the zip file around 11am today.
As best as I can tell, this is intentional. That's what was there for me too. I think it is just because this is a Release Candidate, and not a real release. There is also no (well, almost no) documentation in here.
he also wrote:I also noticed that a number of the JS files would not open 'cleanly' into notepad - the lines were all jumbled together with some odd formatting marks. Is this also the case or is there something wrong?
This one is definitely intentional. It's a little thing called obfuscation. It makes it harder for people to mess with the code, or steal it, etc. ... It's possible to get it back in "normal" JS form, but it would take a fantastic effort.
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

The file which was jumbled was the data array file - the one we edit. I just loaded it into Word and saved it back out again and it was fine.
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.