Mouseover Inconsistencies

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Orangeinmymouth
Beginner
Beginner

Mouseover Inconsistencies

Post by Orangeinmymouth »

I'm not sure if anyone else has been having any of the problems I'm about to describe, but if it sounds familiar, and you worked them out then I'd really appreciate it if you'd drop me a line.

The Setup: I'm using a completely image based menu (top-level and sub menus) and I'm also using mouseovers. I'm not calling the mouseover in any way, I'm just making duplicates of all of the images and then adding an "_over" to the end of the filename if I want them to act as swapped images. I don't know if this is the right way to do it, but I heard someone describe this method on the phorum, so I gave it a try and it work (mostly).

Problem 1: The mouseovers don't work in Netscape 6. At all. Refreshing and adding preload scripts haven't done anything.

Problem 2: The mouseovers don't work on IE 5.5, but do work in version 6. When viewing the site locally with IE 5.5 however, the mouseovers do work. (wierd, huh?)

Problem 3: Even with a paragraph worth of onLoad image calls, the images still lag (occasionally) in IE 6.

Has anyone got any suggestions or ideas as to how I might go about fixing one or (preferably) all of these issues?

am I even doing the mouseover thing the right way? Documentation on using mouseovers with the menu seem to be scarce at best, but shmeh, that's what you get when you don't pay for an other-wise excellent product.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
topmenu4@ei2.com
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Mouseover Inconsistencies

Post by topmenu4@ei2.com »

I cannot get the rollovers for my menu to work in NS6 either.

Thats the only problem Im having with this otherwise GREAT piece of coding :)