Can alt tag properties be defined?

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!
chiage
Advanced
Advanced

Can alt tag properties be defined?

Post by chiage »

I am using an swap-image based menu (DHTML Menu version 3.3.19). I've included alt tags on the image links. How can I change the properties of the alt tags so the resulting tooltips don't look so generic? Can I change the font sizes and colors? How about the tooltip background?

Will really appreciate any help with this. Thanks!
chiage
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

You can add titles to images in version 5+ but not in version 3.

-- Andy
chiage
Advanced
Advanced

Post by chiage »

Hi Andy,
I've already added alt tags to images in version 3 and it works. The only problem is that the resulting text displays generically like any alt text on an image. Are you saying that with version 5 the properties of the alt text can be changed? Can you point me toward an example?
Thanks,
Kathy
chiage
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

You'll need the tooltips code.

If you view the samples menu on our homepage, you should see a tooltip appear after about one second.

There is a download at http://milonic.com/menusample6.php

Hope this helps
Andy
chiage
Advanced
Advanced

Post by chiage »

Hi Andy,
I was able to add tooltips to a text menu but the script hosed when I tried to add it to an swap-image based menu. Here is an example of my image-based menu item:
aI("url=/Formation.htm;image=formation.gif;overimage=formation_over.gif;");
I don't see any examples of how to add tooltips to that type of menu. Can you please provide one?
Thanks!
Chiage
chiage
chiage
Advanced
Advanced

Post by chiage »

Andy,
I figured out how to make the tooltips work with the swap-image menu!! No need for an example. Now, the only thing that is still a problem is the placement of the menu. With Version 3, I was able to use PlaceMenu to position the menu within a table. Can't seem to make it work with Version 5+. This is what I used in Version 3 to place the menu within the table cell:
<pre><script>PlaceMenu("mainmenu")</script></pre>

Any idea how I can use PlaceMenu to position the menu in Version 5?
Thanks,
Chiage
chiage
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

PlaceMenu is now obsolete for version 5.0

V5 can actually fit directly into the table cell as a relative object. Take a look at the docs for this here: http://milonic.com/tablemenu.php - also, download is here: http://milonic.com/menusample9.php

I wish it were as straight forward as just adding the menu to the table cell but unfortunately there are a few complexities, the document should explain all, let me know if not.

Cheers
Andy