Scrolling Menu's

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Vampss
Beginner
Beginner

Scrolling Menu's

Post by Vampss »

Hi

I saw the messages posted by kevin3442
regarding scrolling menu's

I have a site running on the old version with frame_body_array.js and frame_side_array.js from 2002

The menu's are working great but I was wondering. Do I have to change the whole site and menu files to make my old menu structure scroll when the drop down menu is too long? Or can I keep the old and add script for scrolling?

If I need to upgrade to the new version, is it possible that my left menu / frame version can also scroll?

The downloaded sample only shows scrolling on the top frame - not the side?

Can anyone please help?
A sample will be greatly appreciated.

^^V^^
vampss@webmail.co.za
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,
I'm moving this to the Version 3 forum. I don't think that the old version had any kind of overflow= scroll, which is what I think you are asking, but I don't know. There is no support for that version anymore, unless someone who knows the menu visits and posts to that forum in response to questions. And, they would probably have to have a link to your site to see what you are asking as to scrolling top and left and such.

Ruth
Vampss
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Vampss »

OK Thanx

Regarding the overflow=scrolling: Latest version

The new version demo from your site has a scrolling menu on the first page, but the demo with frames doesnt.

Is it possible to put scrolling on side frame menu's for the new version?

:)
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Vampss,
They are two different menu programs. You can't mix and match them. It would be like trying to use your front door key to start your car. Version 3 is up there because it could be used as it is shown across frames. Version 5 is used either in one frame that opens all menus in that same frame or with iframes in place of frames. There is a module for Version 5 that is almost ready that can be added so you can use Version 5 with frames.

Ruth