Please help with v.3: Nested frames and Paths

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
fmitchell
Beginner
Beginner

Please help with v.3: Nested frames and Paths

Post by fmitchell »

Hi,
I have a website up at http://development.ioisa.org.za/sacoast, using the Milonic version 3. Will be applying for a licence.

My problem is that I am using different frame sets for different sections of the site e.g. SACIC Home, Policy, Edu n Awareness etc.
However, there are menu items which are specific to each, and items which are specific to a particular section. How do I keep the menu's working when the "main" page gets nested in another frame setup?
(I can't refer to the frame_body_array.js.). Suspect the sourceframe is the variable that needs changing but I can't get it to work.

Also I have a problem using absolute paths instead of relative paths to make the menus work. Is there a work around to this?

Many thanks
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You can probably find references to frames by doing a search. The v3 menu system is no longer developed or supported by Milonic - hasn't been for quite some time.

The only license you'll get now is for the new v5 system, now at 5.727. You can get it here. There are a number of frames workarounds in the v5 area, and I believe Ruth has worked up some demos. It is highly suggested you move up.

As for the path problem, we can certainly help with that as soon as you upgrade.
John
fmitchell
Beginner
Beginner

Solution?

Post by fmitchell »

Hi, thanks for the response. I managed to figure out some solution to my problem. Still conceptual. I am going to give it a try just now.

:idea: Idea is as follows:
Different section of website, each has their own frame_side_array.js, which displays each section's L/H menu. The frame_side_array.js invokes the submenu through show-menu.
Means that you actually need only one frame_body_array.js (in root dir) with all the sections submenus, which get called up or not by frame_side_array.js.

:oops: More conceptual than a coding problem.

Now for the logical vs absolute paths. Got a feeling it will sort itself out once above problem solved.

Thanks again :lol: