possible virtual instead of absolute links?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
flii
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

possible virtual instead of absolute links?

Post by flii »

note: i didn't search for the right terms before i posted this thread, and just found another thread where people are talking about my issue. i left my message up in this thread in case anyone cares, but the thread with the main convo is here:

viewtopic.php?t=2643

in my web folder directory, i'd like to have folders to separate different areas of the web site, such as "products", "services", "support", etc. in my menu_data.js file, i have submenu aIs that look similar to this:

aI("text=Proxim;url=products/proxim.asp;");

my problem is that when i click on a link such as this, then click on another, i'm sent to "products/products/proxim.asp" instead of only one "products". i'd rather not have to put in absolute links in my aIs, but does anyone have a solution?

thanks all. hopefully i explained that well enough, but if not, i'm sure you'll tell me. ;)
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

You need a leading / in the URL; e.g., /products/proxim.asp, etc.
John
flii
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by flii »

yes, once i found the other thread, i saw this suggestion, and it works. :) thanks. however, i do still have a problem, if you want to lend your brain to it.

on the test site ( http://209.47.174.110 ), click on "products". (yes it's a link, even though it doesn't look like it. *sigh*) i have the milonic code set so the menu item corresponding to the page you're on is colored differently (pagebgcolor="#ffe699"). however, when you're on the products page, "home" is also highlighted in the darker brown color. any idea why that would be?

also note that if i have my milonic code to say:
aI("text=Products;type=header;url=/products");
then "products" isn't highlighted brown. if i put a / at the end, this is when both "home" and "products" are highlighted.
aI("text=Products;type=header;url=/products/");

my menu_data file can be found here: http://209.47.174.110/menu_data.js
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Its gettin confused. Change your products url to /products/default.asp
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."